Friday, April 11, 2014

Two weeks closer to race day...

I am on a plateau right now.  I haven't been able to run more than 12 miles a week the last 3 weeks.  I was on track for more last week but the pain in my heel is back.  Last Saturday was the Fool's 5K in Cedar Falls.  It was cold (in the low 40's) so Michelle and I did a 2 mile warm up run.  The race itself was fun - I ran it in 26:54 - and felt pretty good afterward.  I intended to run and additional three miles when I got home but my heel hurt so bad that I didn't run.  I am not sure what I am going to do about this but I have to train for this race.
We are running the Live Healthy Linn 5K tomorrow morning so that will be at least three miles down.  I plan on running 8 miles total tomorrow.  So far this week I have logged 8.4 miles.  8 miles tomorrow will make the most miles I have ever run in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment