Monday, March 31, 2014

Another week and things are looking up.

Last Monday I went and saw my sports med doctor.  How sad is it that I have a sports med doc?  Anyway, he took a look at my X-rays, informed me that I have some arthritis and a bit of a bone spur.  He offered to give me a steriod injection which is kind of what I was hoping for.  I have tried a lot of other stuff to get rid of this Plantar Fasciitis and nothing was working.  After the shot, I walked right out and felt great.  He told me that I could go out and run that night but I decided that that might not be a very wise choice.  I did get in two runs last week though.  On Wednesday, Michelle and I ran 4 miles out by Terry Trueblood rec area.  My heel bugged me quite a bit on Thursday but by Friday night felt pretty good. Saturday afternoon I ran 7 miles in 70 minutes.  My heel hurt a bit Saturday night and Sunday morning but feels fine today.  I am hoping that I have finally hit the turn around point with this PF.  I am worried about doing too much and aggravating things but I need to run or I will never be ready for this race.  I only have 10 weeks left and I am only up to 7 miles.  I am not worried about the aerobic part of the race at all - its the joint pounding that has me concerned.  Each time I have run a half marathon, I have been in a lot of pain by the end.  I really don't want to feel that way half way through this race.  Just keep running, I tell myself.  Eventually, I will reach my goal.

Workout total for the week:
Swimming - 5600 yards
Body Pump - 2 times
Running - 11 miles

I plan on running tonight with Michelle.  It will be a short (3-4 miles) run and a slow pace.  My calves are pretty tight from Saturday's run so I will use this run as an opportunity to shake things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment